Follow these Six Steps to get the most benefit out of using a Mouthwash:
- Brush your teeth with a fluoride containing toothpaste and use floss or interproximal-brushes. Wait for about 40-60 minutes after you have brushed your teeth if you are going to use a chlorhexidine containing mouthwash such as Curasept.
- Use the right amount as stated on the label or as advised by your Burneston Dental dentist or hygienist.
- Keep your mouth closed and rinse thoroughly.
- Rinse for the correct amount of time to get the maximum benefit. Usually it is recommend to rinse the product around in your mouth for 30 to 60 seconds. For more information, please check the label.
- Do not swallow. Some components of mouthwashes can be unhealthy if swallowed in large amounts.
- To get the most benefit, avoid eating, drinking, smoking or using a Vaporizer/E-Cigarette for at least 30 to 60 minutes after rinsing. This is to avoid the active ingredients of the mouthwash from being washed away. At night it is best to use the mouthwash just before going to sleep so that the ingredients can act on your teeth and gums overnight.
Ever wondered if Whitening Mouthwashes work? Click here to find out more!
Contact us at Burneston Dental today to find out how best to look after your teeth and gums!